- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 can organic chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 cup bite-sized broccoli florets
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 baby portobello mushrooms, thickly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt and garlic powder to taste
Preheat oven to 400° F. Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork a few times and place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Bake until tender, about 40 minutes.
Make the filling: Sauté the bacon in a large skillet set over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and continue sautéing until the vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes. Spoon the filling with a slotted spoon into the cooked sweet potatoes and serve.